Tuesday, August 13, 2013

First Day of School! First Day of School!


Well that summer went fast!  We barely even had time to get to that super bored, what-should-we-do, when does school start phase of summer.  

So here we are:  mid-August and we're back at it.  Although I didn't nearly dread school starting this time like last year, when I was juggling a 10 day old baby, 3 schools, a new kindergartener and a new middle schooler.  THAT was insane.  

No, today was easy.  A piece of cake.  Totally relaxed.    We even had plenty of time to take pictures! So here we are at 7:15 a.m. on the front porch before heading out to do drop off.


"Mom, what's 'rad' ?" said Grayson.


"You are rad, Grayson!!"  Totally awesome, dude.  Here's my first grader, headed off to school with his big brother...finally.


And my totally chill 4th grader.  His main concern?  "Mom, what if Marisol is in my class again??" (she's had a crush on him since 2nd grade.)  Turns out she IS in his class again, along with his BFF, Matthew (for the 3rd year...score!).  Oh, and least 5 girls like him now.  He counted.


 This girl was very excited to be in the 7th grade.  All different teachers for all subjects, including yearbook.  And an average of 45 kids per class.


And here we are at Balboa for the requisite 1st day of school picture.  I can't believe they are almost the same height.  They are so excited to be at the same school and to be able to play together on the yard.  

 
I was surprised by how sad I felt as I dropped each of them off.  I actually found myself a little weepy as I said goodbye to each one.  Derek even refused to give me a kiss!!  (Guess he didn't want Marisol to see).  Thank goodness I still have Brooke to keep me company!

1 comment:

  1. Cute kids! Did Grayson have a growth spurt this summer or what? He's almost as tall as Derek! I'm so glad this drop off was easier than last year.

    ReplyDelete