Thursday, August 30, 2012

Chauffeur Needed

These 3 kids went back to school about 3 weeks ago, which means that Brooke and I get to spend a lot of time in the car these days!  

I was so overwhelmed by the prospect of shuttling all three kids to different schools at essentially the same time AND having a 1 week old, that I enlisted my wonderful mother-in-law to come help me the first week.  She helped handle the craziness of the morning (lunches and breakfast for 4 ppl heading out) and with the drop-offs.  I absolutely couldn't have done it without her.  Thanks Pam!
Carissa heads to Nobel Middle School this year.  Located in Northridge, Nobel is the top middle school in the district, has 2500 students, and the traffic is an absolute nightmare!  She's handling it all very well, however.
Grayson is at Topeka Elementary, which is a few short blocks from Carissa's school, in a lovely little neighborhood. He let us know right away that he's the "tallest, fastest and smartest kid in his class".

 Derek continues on at Balboa Magnet in 3rd grade.  Due to the timing of drop-offs and pick-ups, he gets dropped off 30 minutes early and usually picked up at least 30 minutes after school's out.  Luckily, he prefers it this way, as it gives him ample time to play handball, mostly with his friend, Joshua, who is the "first best 3rd grader at handball".  Of course, that makes derek the "2nd best 3rd grader".

We're expecting great things from these kids this year, but realistically, I'm hoping to just get them to school on time all year!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing how grown up these guys are. And may I say that it is a shame that public school buses are a thing of the past... I am pretty sure that is how mom survived each school year.

    ReplyDelete